Under the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA), the Governor must submit a Unified or Combined State Plan to the U.S. Secretary of Labor (USDOL) that outlines a four-year workforce development strategy for the state’s workforce development system. The four-year plans take effect July 1, 2016, and will be submitted on March 3, 2016.
The 2016 Combined State Plan details the state’s successes and vision for Adult, Dislocated Worker and Youth (WIOA Title I), Adult Education and Family Literacy (WIOA Title II), Carl D. Perkins Career and Technical Education, and Senior Community Service Employment. The 2016 Combined Plan adds reforms to Wagner-Peyser (WIOA Title III), Vocational Rehabilitation (WIOA Title IV), and Jobs for Veterans State Grant.
The 2016 Combined State Plan and a link to register for the public hearings will be published on the Office of Workforce Transformation website on Monday, January 11, 2016. Stakeholders will have an opportunity to comment in person at one of five regional hearings:
• Tuesday, January 26, 2016, Terra State Community College
• Tuesday, January 26, 2016, Tallmadge High School
• Wednesday, January 27, 2016, Eastland Career Center
• Thursday, January 28, 2016, Great Oaks Institute of Technology
• Thursday, January 28, 2016, Shawnee State University
For more information about the public hearings, click here.
Filed under: Ohio |