Ohio Economic Development Association (OEDA) invites you to submit a proposal to present at the 2015 Annual Summit, themed “A World of Opportunity, Economic Development in Ohio,” to be held Oct. 21-23 at the Columbus Marriott Northwest. The OEDA Annual Summit offers an opportunity for you to showcase solutions, initiate provocative discussions, and share effective strategies to the many challenges facing economic developers in Ohio. We are particularly interested in showcasing case studies related to community economic development and workforce development initiatives. The theme this year is also indicative of the broad reach that economic development has. Workforce Development (innovations, best practices, collaborative initiatives), Transportation (including intermodal), Foreign Direct Investment are some of the areas we would like to focus on, based on the feedback from last year’s evaluations. Panel presentations are encouraged.
Guidelines for Submission
1. Email the required submission information below to Tracey Hogan at email@example.com no later than April 24, 2015.
2. Presentations must be a minimum of 45 minutes in length, preferably with a question and answer period following the presentation.
3. Submission of a presentation does not guarantee participation in the program. Submissions will be reviewed by the Annual Summit Planning Committee, and you will be contacted no later than June 20, 2015 if your presentation has been selected.
4. Annual Summit proposals should not be submitted unless each presenter is available to appear on any day of the Annual Summit (Oct. 21-23, 2015). Accepted proposals will not be assigned a specific speaking date and time until the agenda is established (after June 20, 2015).
Proposal for Presentation
Please submit your proposal by email to Tracey Hogan at firstname.lastname@example.org with the required information below. You may attach additional background documents to your email, but please be sure to include information for ALL 10 items below.
1. Session Title
2. Session Description
3. Estimated length of Session
4. Speaker Name & Title
5. Additional Speakers Names & Titles – if applicable
6. Speaker fees and/or expenses expected/required – please estimate as specifically as possible
7. Contact Person
8. Organization Name
9. Email Address
10. Phone Number
Ohio Economic Development Association
17 S. High Street, Suite 200
Columbus, Ohio 43215
P: 800-632-7763 / F: 614-221-1989
Visit our website at www.OHIOEDA.com!